Monday, October 20, 2008

Arran....Edinburgh...Roslynn.....and the Pleurusy


Oh....it was like the Lord of the Rings.....it was like.....us on another ferry....to magical island of Arran......which .....Scottish people do not hate me please....in Ireland....it is called 'Scotland in minature' and that it is....but we were two hours early for the ferry....after being so late to the other one we tried to show off how early we could get somewhere....but I have to say my friends...when we got to the ferry dock...I got a bit worried...I was used to being at a bit huge ferry with tons of cars and people....there was no one....and the road just drove into the effing sea....I was thinking about how we had to back onto the last ferry....check this shit out...


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Scary.....and the rain....it was right Scottish...I decided to stay outside...due to my motion sickness....ness.....but it was like driving into a fairy land....we got across and they....my dear family .....took me to see a castle post haste.....it is an obsession....this is Lochranza Castle.....it was raining like hell....


Cloanaig is where we took the ferry from.........Lochranza is where we ended up....and it is on the whiskey coast....which makes me think of distilleries and pirates.....and this sheep.....

Now....this sheep was in field with about 100 other sheep.....but this one had decided to stand under a tree ..... to be protected from the rain......smart sheep....it looks like he is saying something.....like maybe..."Sharron, what is it with you and the castles.....and thank you for no' liking lamb!!!!"
We met old friends and neighbours of Auntie Pat from Airdrie.....Eunice, Bill,and their sons Alastair, Gordon and Gordon's wife Lynn....lovely people!! And Thanks to them it was easier for George to drive around this bendy island.....we just followed them.
Arran is gorgeous.
It is one of the most magical places I have ever seen.
We came in rain and bluster and left later that day in sun and loveliness on another ferry from Brodick....here was the sunset....

I mean ....really.
It was just lovely.
Then we made our way back to Glasgow.....for two days.
Now, George has been sick now for almost 10 days.....I wished him to go to the doctor but there was no place or time....he managed so well doing all the driving....this was the day....the day we came back to Glasgow that I started to feel ill.....
But we powered forward!!!
We went to the Glasgow Cathedral....... founded by St. Mungo....doesn't that rock.....there are so many statues around Scotland.....they are everywhere....you almost stop looking but this one was right outside Glasgow Cathedral......


Hhheeeeee hhahhaaa.....gotta love the university students.....but the Cathedral was so lovely.....we did a double decker tour to find the places we wanted to go and the Cathedral was on the top of the list......
Here are three things you need to know about me.....maybe not need....but it might help for the future of our blogging affair....
1. Love a castle
2. Love an old church
3. Love a cemetary
There you have it....weird, weird, weird.......
Here is the Cathedral......



PS....George takes all the awesome pics....I just take the average ones.......
Then after a couple fab days in Glasgow.....we got into a big ole cab and drove to Bonnyrigg.....right outside of Edinburgh.....to visit and stay with George's cousin Deb....she has been gracious enough to host us for a week!!
A WEEK!!!!!
But, since our ill fated ferry incident...we have been early everywhere....so we beat Deb there....and waited with out luggage.....



Here is ma..... with the luggage!!! God bless.....
Deb has been serving us and washing for us....she gave up here bed for us.....THANKS TO YOU!!!!
She took us to Roslynn Chapel today....you can say whatever you want.....I read the effing Da Vinci Code.... I know what it is due to that ..... I have read alot about it since then.....but I start with Dan Brown's book.... not the crappy movie with that Tom Hanks....that dude can do anything!!!! Oh to be a dude....
As we drove in I was all excited.... and filled with antibiotics....we went to the doctor today.....George and I have matching pill bottles....we have plerusy....... but I could not wait to see it!!
Like everything else I have seen here....GORGEous.......and tiny....it is overwhelming with its explosive carvings...that is the only way to describe them....the carvings reach out and look like teeth...the chapel was built in the 1400's and it took 50 years..... never had I seen anything like it....you cannot take pics inside ....



It was so overstimulating inside.....I didn't know where to look....but was I standing over the holy grail.....ark of the covenant....the embalmed head of jesus....no lie... that is a rumor......who knows....but I was there!!!
Oh.... and we went to the Edinburgh castle........but I gotta go for mince and tatties.....
Here is a shot of the biggest castle I have ever seen.....Mary, Queen of Scotts.......ALRIGHT!!!
I am coming!!!!!



No comments: