Sunday, November 16, 2008

Prop 8.....

What I know about politics could fit on the back of a matchbook.....I try to read about issues....but I am all anal and virgo-ie.... If I can't see the whole picture....If I don't know the whole story....I don't feel qualified to speak on it or vote on it......I have to know EVERYTHING.....and because I find politics boring.....like REALLY boring.....I cannot be bothered...
Like....when Stephen Harper got re-elected just after he called what I do for a living...A LUXURY....I just was mad and then sad and then felt like there was no way I could effect change...I changed my vote from my NDP party to Liberal because I just didn't want that ass in power again...but then I had to weigh the option of Dion....who I have never understood or thought had any backbone..... in power....it was a hard choice.
Again... I don't know all the issues...I looked around a bit on the interweb and read a paper....
I DON'T Know!!!
But I do know that Stephen Harper helps perpetuate the stereotype of whining, entitled artists.....In the 2000's...I mean really.
But I have to say.... and I don't know why I am a tad embarrassed to admit it....
But I was all over the US race....WHO WASN'T?!
It was a fine, fine piece of theatre...that I thought I knew the end to.....BUT I didn't....they surprised me....I thought we would get all excited and then John McCain would end up in power because...that is the way it goes....but NO!!!!
Yeah!!!
I watched the debates....and I watched the net....very exciting stuff.
And when Obama got up to do his speech....I cried....ya wanna know when?
When he said 'gay and straight'....now I consider myself
'straight but not narrow''....I love the gay community... I work and do some of my shows in the gay community and I feel welcome.
When I saw something about Prop 8 on facebook the next day I had no idea what anyone was talking about....when I got curious and looked into it...I was floored...I COULD NOT believe it....but when I found out where it was...I was surprised and not.....
California has long been a republican stronghold..... all the rich people live there....the Reagans lived....and live there... that kinda says it all for me.
Now....the voted to take down the law that said yes to gay marriage .....
I just don't get it.
There are always kids who have something special on the playground that want to keep it for themselves...but when you got to class...didn't the teacher always say....'You can keep that if you have enough for everyone."
Isn't that what the supreme court justices of California were saying when they passed a law for gay marriage?
The people in charge were saying ' If some can have it....yet some are not allowed it... that is not fair..'
They were changing the laws to make it fair.
And then some people decided that they wanted to keep love, happiness, partnership for themselves.
'You can't have it.'
Why.
Why ?
Who does it hurt?
The church?
God is love.
He made people in his image.
He is one figure...
Maybe God is Bi.
He would want his people to be married.
The world changes....and we must change with it.
I just don't understand why people have to keep things that are beautiful....that should be shared to themselves.
It is selfish and old timey.......and not very christian, I must say.
STEP INTO THE PRESENT, CALIFORNIA!

No comments: