Friday, March 16, 2012

Tired...happy...here we go, Canada Sings...

So, Yes...I just pressed the replay button on "If" by David Gates and Bread...do you know it?
"If a picture paints a thousand words...then why can't I paint you?"
I little melancholy...I know...but I am feeling a bit...introspective....not retrospective...that is the wrong word, right? I am so tired it is hard to know the english language.
I just painted my toenails the colour "Summer Sky"...sigh...and I am waiting for them to dry...so, here we are.
And I also just woke up from a 3 hour nap...in my pants...and socks...and bra...this was NOT comfortable, people....
I wanted to hydrate and dry my toes...why not write something, yes?
It has been an amazing week.
Amazing...
This picture was taken.....









Insight did a Red Cam shoot (all slow motion fabulousness)...it was all VANITY FAIR...I sang the entire score of "Wicked"...sometimes I sing the pop songs...but I wanted a little musical theatre in my life...see....





"And if you dare to find me...." If you know it...you know what the rest is...LORDY!!! RIGHT!?!?!?
How AWESOME.
And, of course, I am bedecked in FASHION CRIMES!!
Again...who doesn't love a wind machine...huh....who???
And a tight sequined dress.
And hair extensions.
Who???
HUH???
Anyhow, CV and I went to the Bassett bright and early this morn and ran through 4 of our teams numbers....blocking...spacing...audio...costume parades...yes, they are called "look sees" in TV land but I know a costume parade when I sees one.
(A little different from the "Annie" costume parade in grade 11)
It was fabulous mayhem
I forget how wide the scope of this job is..."What do you think, Sharron?"...who? ME?
Well...and as you might imagine...I do have an opinion.
It is so effing amazing...yes, I use that word a lot...to see your vision realized...to the Nth degree...set...costume...track...singers!! Just the limit.
From my office in Stratford arranging the track...Macbook...RCA headphones...dog on the floor...track pants...braided hair...phone calls with Christian...with Orin (musical supervisor) ...with Erin (Supervising Producer)...with, more often than not, with George..."What do you think, baby?"
I remember walking the dogs in a snow storm talking to Christian in LA on the ole Bluetooth saying..."But do you like the drum part?"
Christian telling me what he thought he would do with the number...and the excitement building...to here...costumes...stage...have I mentioned that already?
The crew of Canada Sings is something else...so many familiar faces...it seemed like first day of school today...so many haircuts! So many smiling faces...so many PEOPLE!
And the teams...so excited and filled with hope. 
To see them walk onto this huge stage for the first time is a trip.
They (and I know you have heard this from me...but it bears...bares...I never know which one...it needs be said again...) they have worked their asses off...and learned things about their coworkers...made new friends...found old ones...changed their work places...changed their lives...and most of them say they have already won...that they won the day they started rehearsal.
They are singing and dancing with such joy.
Lord...it is just inspiring....
Kelly Konno, my arch nemesis, says it well when she says, "How is this our job?! HOW IS IT?" 
(Dear Kelly, I am sorry that I will have to steal victory from your hands...okay...not totally sorry. Signed, Sharron)
As I said, it was a whirlwind of a day...
I have had the good fortune to spend more time with Scott and Kelly...who have put an equal amount of heart and soul into their teams...they are great people...don't get me wrong...we are all competitive as shit and I want to WIN WIN WIN...but they are good peeps...formidable adversaries.
And then there is CV...what a partner...he is just something else...his vision and his dedication...he is one talented friend. He is just...well...he is just the best. He doesn't miss a trick...and the heart he puts into these pieces...well...he is a master...someone came by and asked if he was the Dance Master today...um...yah!
And tomorrow ( I just got butterflies in my tummy) we shoot our first show.
RCAF...the Air Force...so good...so dedicated....so awesome.
The show tomorrow night is full to capacity...in fact the WHOLE EFFING WEEK IS!!
So huge.
I will put on a fancy outfit...sit in the audience and crap my pants.
Fancy, huh?
So, excited.
Gotta wake up and start the day in 7 hours...to bed...and after my three hour nap...I still think that won't be a problem...









No comments: