Wednesday, February 20, 2013

One of the most amazing things I have seen.

About 36 years ago, I walked home from school with my friends.
About 36 years ago, a girl who was in my circle of friends decided that I wasn't worth of speaking to.
And, from that day forward, she never spoke to me again.
Even though we hung around with all the same girls
For the next 10 years I let her, and others who followed her lead,  treat me like a non human. 
I suffered for a long time...I had always felt it was my fault until about a year ago...a year ago, people.
If this seems petty and seems like I am over dramatizing something...I would like to point on how long feelings like that can hang on. 
On a crap day...it was like yesterday.
I am sure some of you are thinking, "Well, get over it." 
And I tell you this...maybe you should have a deeper think about it.

This is one of the most moving things I have ever seen on the subject of bullying.

http://www.upworthy.com/bullies-called-him-pork-chop-he-took-that-pain-with-him-and-then-cooked-it-into
 

No comments: