Tuesday, October 15, 2013

GIGS FALL 2013!!! FOR peeps in the Stratford, Oakville and Toronto!! GLOBAL CABARET ! FULL DARK!! RIVER RUN!!




Okay.
I have some awesome bits and pieces coming up in the next few weeks into November!
I usually would publicize one at a time but there are so many I gotta do it all at once.
And, honestly, I am super excited about ALL OF THEM!!

..................................................................................................

TORONTO, ONTARIO
 





SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
GLOBAL CABARET FESTIVAL
OCTOBER 26th @ 7:00pm
OCTOBER 27th 2 4:30pm   

One of my VERY FAVOURITE things to do EVERY YEAR!!
It is an amazing festival and I am always so bowled over by all the artists and all of the cabaret creations!
THIS year my show is called and themed:

Something Completely Different

For the first time in a very long while I am singing every song in my show all the way through. Yup...whole songs...who woulda thunk it? AND I am focusing mostly on songs of love and loss...and a couple sexy things... :)
I NEVER get to sing a love song
I also am very excited about my very simple but lovely accompaniment of guitar (Jason Chesworth) and percussion (Jamie Drake). 
I wanted to try something different (re:title) at this very creative and inspirational festival.
I am covering artists such as Billy Joel, Gavin DeGraw, Duffy, Bruno Mars and Jessie J...many new songs...and a few that I have never done with this configuration of instruments.
WOO WOO!!! Excited!
Get your passes and/or tickets HERE!!!


...................................................................................................
 
GUELPH, ONTARIO 

SHARRON MATTHEWS SUPERSTAR SHOW
River Run Centre in Guelph
NOVEMBER 2nd @ 8:00pm
 
Hey ALL you peeps who say I never perform in or near STRATFORD!
HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!!!
The wonderful River Run Centre is bringing me to their lovely venue as part of a comedy series!!
HUZZAH! 
I will be bringing accompanist Cooch (Chris Tsujiuchi) with me to this awesome gig featuring all of my crowd fave numbers...and a few surprises!!
GET YOUR TICKETS HERE!!


.................................................................................................

OAKVILLE, ONTARIO

FULL DARK
Sheridan College Studio Theatre
NOVEMBER 21st to 30th @7:30pm 

I am super excited to be doing the premiere production of my newest show at Sheridan College. Incidentally, Sheridan was the place where I went to school for musical theatre back in the 1942. Truly...it seems that long ago.
Sheridan is doing some really exciting new works with students, composers, lyricists, librettists...and now CABARET!! How exciting! I am looking forward to working with the students while I rehearse and workshop further my newest and most daring cabaret to date:

 FULL DARK 

Full Dark was fostered at Buddies In Bad Times as a part of my artistic residence ...with support from the BMO Financial, the OAC, private supporters Joan Mathers and John McKellar AND Sheridan College.
It is a daunting and exciting new piece for me! And I get to do a run of it! Imagine!
I will be accompanied by Chris Tsujiuchi on keys and as band leader, Mike Doherty on percussion and Jason Chesworth on Guitar and other stringed instruments.  
Award winning Lighting Designer, Bonnie Beecher will be doing the lights. MAGIC!
PLEASE come on out! 
The link is up but the box office is not yet open!
PLEASE check back!


..................................................................................................

So come out down to the Cabaret people!
(I ALMOST never say that...so don't judge too much) 
I would love to see you...
Sxoxoxo  
 
  
 

No comments: