Wednesday, July 02, 2014

NOT Burn down backyard, Binge watching SCANDAL till the cows come home and what the bleep is coming up!!!

So, god bless you all for still reading.
IT IS SUMMER, PEOPLE!! 
WE well and truly made it...and can be pretty sure that it will not snow...pretty sure. Life is strange, though.
I am writing this after going to a wonderful Canada Day party yesterday where George did NOT almost burn down our pal's backyard. Way to go, GEORGE!!
Let us make this a trend!!
I was having a rough, PMS-ie afternoon before the party...so George made me a full 2 litre jug of Rum and Coke. 
Yup, that rough...but we almost drank it...THAT cannot be good for you....but before I knew it all were sitting on the porch singing Beatles along to two guitars and four hands...and lots of awesome pals...great day.
THEN, I got all stuck on binge watching 'SCANDAL' (damn you, John Austin) on the Netflix...even George watched, and he is not a Shonda Rhimes fan...I know, right?


SO GOOD!!!
THAT CRAP IS SO GOOD!! QUEEN SHONDA, I thank you for THAT and for Meredith Grey. Way to effing go!
So, here I am...after a good nights sleep...believe it or not...and I wanna tell you something...
I know I have been and am promoting A LOT of awesome gigs this summer...hallelujah for awesome gigs!! (see links to other gigs below)...BUT this Saturday, as a part of the Saturday Night Salon Series at Soulpepper in Toronto (how many S's !?!?) I am doing something experimental! I am beginning a WHOLE NEW show...with a new collaborator...in front of a very small audience! 
MAGICAL!!
I will be reading some of it...creating some of it on the spot...and re-imagining a couple of older pieces...and tying new stories to them as well...all in the search for something new and exciting...and maybe even a bit scary. 
I am gonna jam. 
Yes, I said "jam"...and tell you about how someone so tiny influenced my life in a large way. I am lucky enough to work and work out my cabarets at the best places in the world...Buddies and Soulpepper...and I thank Soulpepper for always giving me a place to be creative...because THAT is what that place is all about. 
So, there are 50 seats...and 8 new pieces with text to try...with Brendan Wall...at 8:30pm on this Saturday, July the 5th. Wanna come!?! I would love to see you....why not!?!? 
WHAT WILL HAPPEN!?!?! 
GET YOUR tickets at the other end of this BLUE LINK!!

 
SHARRON MATTHEWS: Prince and Me
Soulpepper Salon Series
Saturday July 5th at 8:30pm 
w/ Brendan Wall 

GOSH SAKES!!! I hope to see you there!! Seating is very limited!! So get your tickets!!

Here are my other upcoming gigs this fine summer!!

SHARRON MATTHEWS GOLD at the Summer Patio Series at Lebovic Centre for the Arts in Stouffville!
Sharron has done her Broadway show here before and they have brought her BACK to do her hit, world toured and acclaimed SUPERSTAR show to their wonderful, outdoor, summer series!! This series is already 80% sold out! 



Sharron Matthews GOLD
Lebovic Centre for the Arts Summer Patio Series
July 24th at 8:00pm 

Sharron's HIT comedy concert has toured THE WORLD to astounding critical acclaim and now it is coming to Brockville! Featuring so many hit songs, including Sharron's killer arrangements of Bohemian Rhapsody, Hotel California, Creep and Last Dance!! 

"BEST OF THE FEST" 
- The Scotsman
"#1 Cabaret in New York City" 
- NitelifeExchange and WPAT Radio 

GET TICKETS HERE! 
http://nineteenonthepark.com/sharronmatthewspatio/

 
****************************************************************************
  Sharron's Big Broadway Show at the Elora Festival!!
The Elora Festival has invited this humble Hamilton gal up to tell her Broadway Tale! This show had a hit two week run at Hamilton's (yes, my hometown!) Theatre Aquarius! I never get to do it enough and have a blast when I do!! ALL the info is below! (and now...the twist is...not here either...scroll down...it's like Game of Thrones...right?)



SHARRON's Big Broadway Show
Elora Festival
June 26th @ 3pm
Some of your favourite Broadway hits alongside the hysterical and heartbreaking stories of Sharron's journey to the Great White Way!

“Matthews is a stunning performer “

  - Hamilton Spectator
"Sharron Matthews is perfection."
- The Toronto Star

To buy tickets click the link:
http://www.elorafestival.ca/concert-information/2014-schedule/

HERE IS A FEATURE ON ZOOMER ONLINE ABOUT THE ELORA FESTIVAL...FEATURING...WELL...ME...(A GAL HAS GOTTA PROMOTE!)

ZOOMER 
http://www.everythingzoomer.com/musical-milestones/#.U5CKIMdrWXW 

 ****************************************************

3. SHARRON Matthews GOLD is coming to Brockville Arts Centre!!
After touring this HIT show around the world (New York City, London, Scotland, Africa and across Canada)  the Brockville Arts Centre has asked me up there to do my thing!! And I am so excited! 
Audiences ranged from 12 to 86 years of age...and when they came back the next week...they brought people with them! 
Don't MISS IT!! ALL the info is below....

Sharron Matthews GOLD
Brockville Centre for the Arts
Wednesday August 6 at 8:00 p.m.
Thursday August 7 at 2:00p.m. & 8:00 p.m.
Sharron's HIT comedy concert has toured THE WORLD to astounding critical acclaim and now it is coming to Brockville! Featuring so many hit songs, including Sharron's killer arrangements of Bohemian Rhapsody, Hotel California, Creep and Last Dance!! 

"BEST OF THE FEST" 
- The Scotsman
"#1 Cabaret in New York City" 
- NitelifeExchange and WPAT Radio

To buy tickets click the link:
http://www.brockvilleartscentre.com/august.html


No comments: