Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sharron and George Married September 10th 1994



I don't know... but this pic will only come on side ways...
BUT....The day was just like this.....
blue sky....
few clouds....
My sister and my mom... and EVERYONE left me to sleep that morning... George and I didn't stay together....tradition, what?... he had to share a room with his brother... can you take that.... he asked me just this morning why he had to do that....
But I was all alone, smoking.... oh fuck I loved to smoke...sorry Auntie Pat.... and I looked at all the flowers in my sisters beautiful back yard that goes into a ravine... and felt....
TERRIFIED!
Not because I was getting married.... but because I didn't know where anyone was....had they left me... where the eff were they???
I had never planned on getting married... I was gonna be single and fabulous... all Sex and the City before we even knew what the eff it was....
But here I was...
At one point, after my family finally showed up....
( I had called George on our two-ton cellphone and screeeched that I didn't know where anyone was...he walked around and found them... gotta love him... and he still married me....)
I went and got my hair done... just like on the Wedding Shows....I was wearing black tights and a denim top... and a flowered hair piece.....smoking a cigarette....oh my lord.....the white trashedness of it all....
I put on the big white dress..... that I decided I needed one day....
I got into a white.... yes, white limo.....and off I went....
I got very nervous just before I walked down the aisle...
But then I saw him....
And even though we weren't instructed to....I grabbed his hand... and I looked into his eyes...
I knew everything was gonna be....
Fine.
As long as we were a team....
We would do fine.



No comments: