Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Butterflies, Brent Carver and Amnesty


How pretty is that picture?
George took it on our little 14th wedding anniversary break to Niagara FAlls.
It is so strange that when you grow up next to one of the natural wonders of the world you forget that it is a big deal....
I don't think I even mentioned what an awesome time George and had on our break...it was just the bees knees.
But we went to the Butterfly Conservatory ..... even thought it sounded a little gaylordy....
it was awesome....
they were flying around everywhere...
I was afraid of stepping on one....I uploaded George's entire cycle of pics onto my facebook page... checks it out!
This one is my fave though.... some loud American woman had a jacket with flowers embroidered on the back and was bellyaching about how she could not get a decent picture of the the blue butterflies...she was so effing loud... and then two landed on the flowers embroidered on the BACK of her jacket.... I found it to be poetic justice.
But what a whirlwind of a month peeps...
I was gonna do a video blog....but I am so effing tired....and I look like I have been rolled over by a truck.
So I chose this instead.....
My 40th Birthday party... that I was having SOOO much fun at I didn't take pictures...Not Sharron's Party... but the party my Georgie planned for me at one of my fave places....The Keg Mansion on Jarvis....I am all old school....and not at all fancy.... and I love steak....a whole bunch of my favorite people got together... and not alot of them knew each other...it was like a dream that had your grade 4 teacher in it and the guy you sat beside when you worked at the Toronto Fim Festival.....BUT Better!
I got such lovely gifts....Michael G ... my friend who designed 'Wizard' at LYKTP gave me a copy of my costume sketch....a woman on the board of LYKTP bought the original...I know it happens but it feels weird....but Michael drew me a whole new one...with notes and all... it is one of the nicest gifts I have ever gotten....
And Bill....my hair guru....got me hair... Fire engine red extentions.... I asked him to dye a couple pieces a the pack of my hair fire engine red... he said no... he does that... and then went and found me and alternative....it was very sweet!
Anyhow....some of my dearest friends were there....it was a small group... I just had a great time.
And then there was Sharron's Party... oh my lord...
The costumes...
The performances...
The surprises....
I will put some live bits up soon... it has been busy!
But suffice it to say this weekend was a huge hit!!
Jeigh Madjus was stellar....he got two job offers...
Ed Sahely asked awesome questions....
And made me laugh... and pee a bit...
Keith will be sad that I didn't pee for him...
Or is it on him...
I ain't sure....
But I may take Keith's advice and bitchslap someone today...
The Maria girls...
Jayme and Marisa were just... so lovely and poised...
They saved my buttocks....
Keep your eyes out for them.....
And well.......


Can you believe that?
I was so nervous during that interview... I still can't believe he came....
Brent Carver....
On Sharron's Party....
What a dream.....
He sang Ten Cents A Dance... one of the first things I ever saw him sing.....one of the things that made me get into cabaret....
and then he sang
Take This Waltz by Leonard Cohen....
Oh....my ...goodness....
Grant Ramsay....my friend and publicist kept pinching me... I said ' I know he is here!!'
It was just not to be believed.
And I felt on fire with the excitement of it all!
Thank you Brent Carver.... oh, and Jeremy Clay... my awesome photo dude....
Check out jclayphoto.com!
And then I drove back to Niagara on the Lake the same night....
TIRED!
And yesterday....
George and I hosted the Amnesty Concert at Shaw in the Royal George....
FANCY!!!
Thom sang Infinite Joy ....oh he good!!!
And Ken James Stewart and Jackie Thair did that awesome Oscar award winning song from Once....Fallen Joy.....or Falling Down.....one or the other... they were excellent... the Done Me Wrongs...it was just a fab night with dramatic readings....Jenny Phipps and William Vickers.. and Peter Millard has and alter ego as a crazy prop comedian professor...
Oh... and I had to fill some time during a set up... so I got a dude in the front row to take mine and George's pic...but I took a pic with him first....

This is him.... his name is..... Jim???? I think..... then we turned around and got a pic of us.....


Not bad, eh?
We clean up nice.....
What a time it was....
Now I feel like a fricken head cold....
TOOO Much....
Next up?
Sharron's Big Broadway Show on November 18th....
One night only peeps.....I have written it and I wanna see how it all goes....
And before that?
Scotland!!!
yes... I am going with George and his Mom... and the ever vigilant Auntie Pat....
I CANNOT wait!
But first ... I work... and then I sleep... and then I get up and work more......

No comments: