Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Rush, bitches.

I am going to see RUSH tonight.

At Copps in Hamilton.

With George...and my people.

Just before Valentines Day (okay, don't tell George but it was Valentines Day) I was on set ...I love saying that...you can judge the fuck out of me...that never gets old...I was on set and trying to figure out what to get George...when George showed up...parking the cube van that held all of our belongings because he was moving our entire home to Stratford from Toronto...on Valentines Day. He showed up ON SET and gave me a beautiful necklace...from where? FASHION CRIMES...322 1/2 Queen West. (You can never promote enough).

I felt so happy and a bit like a tool.

George is so great at the suprises...you know what I a super good at? Cleaning, organizing and making sure he always has soap and toothpaste and socks. That is what I am good at.

So, talking with Andrew, Darcy and Eric (Camera, Audio and Intern Fabulous) I was trying to figure out how I could get the best gift ever. I knew that if I focused I could achieve this thing. THEN I REMEMBERED!!!

I was in Hamilton at the time shooting "Canada Sings" at that morning on the way to breakfast I had seen the poster outside Copps Coliseum for RUSH...and they were playing one of their albums in it's entirety...2011 or something like that.

Now, I am a RUSH fan...not a super fan or anything...but because of George's deep love of this band...I learned very quickly to love them as well.

He loves that Neil (drummer) is from St. Catharines and insists that since Neil writes all the lyrics that "Lakeside Park" is about Port Dalhousie.

We went to a film opening of a Johnny Depp movie once..I was looking at Johnny Depp when Getty Lee walked by him on the red carpet and George was gone...running after him to take a picture on his phone...and he proclaimed that "You're the star, man,"

George loves RUSH and has never seen them live.

SUPER AWESOME GIFT FROM HEAVEN!

So, Andrew told me about a great website called www.stubhub.com ...they get you great seats at a number of different prices and they are trusted and true.

Yes, sometimes the tickets are more than face value...but we are all adults here..right?

So, I got...for the first time in mine and George's adult life....floor seats.

They cost a million dollars.

I have never spent money like that on tickets...and I am NOT bragging...it is just ...it seemed worth it.

We went into hawk ( I have spelled that wrong)...but we are GOING TONIGHT!

George is working in the Hammer (Hamilton to those not in the know) right now and went to the local concert T store to get us Tshirts....we are doing this up right...

I am excited.

I hope George doesn't pass out.

On another note...as a slutty blog writer (and I mean that I am using this blog to sell myself as a musician you dirty minded bitches) my show this Friday night at The Flying Beaver Pubaret is a few tickets from being sold out. So Maggie Cassella asked me to do Saturday Night the 23rd...after having a check in with my musicians I am ready to go.

I am excited about these shows...it is has been a long time since I just sang for the love of it (LORDY, I KNOW!) but I have two of my fave players, Cooch (Chris Tsujiuchi) and Drake (Jamie Drake...not that other DRake) and we are gonna jam it up. I have some new stuff and some stuff I have not done in many, many years. Pink, Blue October, Prince, Duran Duran, Gaga, Back Street Boys...so many artists...too many to name!!!

And I will have had a mammogram, been to a RUSH concert, to London, England, shot a TV show and been to Deep River and Moose Jaw...and moved to the Country...I have a story to tell, people.

So, If you want the last couple Friday tickets GET ON IT!

OR/AND book it up for Saturday....

My agent just bought through the online site and it worked like a charm!

I hope you can come out...as I said before..I am putting the GOOD back in Good Friday and then, now....I am putting the...um...fucking awesomeness back in Easter Weekend...so show up on Friday or the day before Jesus rose...or something (he gets my humour, by the way...he isn't offended...he told me).

Jesus will be there as far as I know.

Here is the info again!

The Flying Beaver Pubaret @ 488 Parliament Street

Shows at 8:00pm on Friday April 22nd and Saturday April 23rd

TIX: $15advance/$20 door

Showtime: 8pm

Dinner available before, during, and after the show

Reservations recommended.

647.347.6567 for info

Pubaret opens at 4pm

Stay and dance to our live DJ after the show!

You can call or order online...here

https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/170991

I hope we can look meaningfully into each others eyes.

Love

Sharron

No comments: