Monday, July 09, 2012

Jian responds, what will happen, EXCERPT FROM JESUS THINKS I'M FUNNY...

So.
Many.
Things.
9 days till Buddies.
16 days till we leave for UK.
22 days till I open at the Edinburgh Fringe.
AND it is Day 3 of the 'Asking Jian Ghomeshi To Have Me On Q' campaign and it has born some fruit...bourne...bourn...I don't know and I am too tired from publicizing, producing and rehearsing my upcoming show at Buddies to figure out the proper spelling (just 9 days till the show! The tickets really are going...I know I keep saying it...but I want all to be able to come...I want to see you guys...it has been too long! Call #416 975 8555 July 19th - 22nd...check the website homepage for info...www.sharronmatthews.com ) that is the longest bracket ever...what was I saying...oh yes...so tired...getting the show together...trying to get the independent publicity...I have interviews and radio spots and all...but I really want to get on Q. I really really really do. So, if you haven't been following my 3 day quest, I wrote Jian Ghomeshi an essay (because he is quite fond of writing them himself...here is the essay/blog I wrote http://sharrmatthews.blogspot.ca/2012/07/dear-mr-jian-ghomeshi-essay-to-get-my.html ) explaining why I thought I should be on the show...and I want to thank all of you who retweeted, wrote messages and whatnot...your support is always appreciated! And today...I received a tweet...a tweet from Mr. Jian Ghomeshi...


Yes...success...lovely compliment...acknowledgment of knowing each other...witty joke at the end...all good...but, wait...will he have me on...huh?
I will NOW go into Phase Two...which I cannot totally detail here...or else I would have to kill you...what?...I am so effing tired...HAVE ME ON THE SHOW, Jian!!! 
BUT I will tell you part of Phase Two is putting up some clips of one of my Edinburgh Fringe Festival performances of "Sharron Matthews Superstar: Jesus Thinks I'm Funny"....a clip every few days leading up to "Sharron Matthews Superstar: GOLD" preview at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre. 
Today, here is a clip of the opening sequence...meeting the fabu audience...singing to James the audience member...telling them the rules...yes, there are always rules...and of course a bit of Gaga...a dash of Madonna and some Nick Glider to get you started...AND don't forget all you international folk...tickets are selling really well in Scotland and London...I am at the Pleasance in Edinburgh this year...and at the Tristan Bates and the Longacre in London...great rooms all...so go to www.climarproductions.com for all the info on buying tickets and what not... 

So, keep writing to @jianghomeshi on twitter...he is also on the facebook...wouldn't it be amazing to see an independent Toronto solo artist on Q? Huh?

Here is a little clip of 'Jesus Thinks I'm Funny' I like to title "Sharron Matthews Superstar: Who In The F**k Do You Think You Are?"



No comments: