Okay...I am not sure what you call these lists and puzzles that people send you on Facbebook...but I don't usually do them...I remove them...because I just don't wanna be tagged. Yup, I said it. And I hate those fucking farms....
Then someone who NEVER TAGS ANYONE...someone I call Grampa....someone you might know as Steve Ross TAGGED ME WITH THIS!
I was a bit surprised and then I read it....I intrigued...yes, intrigued.
I thought in honour of my upcoming CD Release...did you know that I was doing a CD Release?...I thought in honour of that I would do this thing...and the thing was.....
15 Songs about You
First rule - be honest! Don't keep shuffling forward for "cooler" songs. This is a 'getting to know you' exercise. Once you've been tagged...
(1) Turn on your MP3 player or music player on your computer.
(2) Go to SHUFFLE mode.
(3) Write down the first 15 songs that come up - title and artist. NO editing/cheating, please.
(4) Choose 25 people to be tagged, including me. Because people love being tagged, even if they say they don't.
So, here is what happened on my itunes...after I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to 'shuffle' my list.
1. Just Another Day - Next To Normal Soundtrack....yup, a musical theatre song....I was as surprised as you.
2. Jessie's Girl - Live Cover by Everclear....I found this while looking for ALL the recordings of Jessie's Girl for musical inspiration. Did you read anything about Rick Springfield's biography?...he like the sex...and had plastic surgery by the time he was 23....oh Dr. Noah Drake...how I loved you.
3. Hanging By a Moment- Lifehouse....I do love this tune...I still wanna do it...for the record...ahah the record...I wanna do EVERY song that I love...one day I turned to George with horror in my eyes and he asked me what was wrong....I said, "There are so many songs....how will I sing them all?"
4. Smooth Criminal - cover by Alien Antfarm...I love this song...again...and I love the beat....it drives..and I love the guitar...it "shreds" as the young people say.
5. I Heard It Through the Grapevine - Gladys Knight and the Pips....I won't call it a cover, because it feels like that would be wrong...though Marvin Gaye's was wonderful this one has the effing best movement of the two...in my opinion....don't freak out or get mad....it is just my opinion. Sidebar: Did you know that Gladys has a gambling addict and because she and the Pips spent a great deal of time performing in Vegas she gambled away all of her money...and it was so bad that the Pips left her...I saw it on A and E. Sad. But I think she got help.
6. 32 Flavours - Ani DiFranco....OKAY.... I LOVE THIS SONG....Jason Knight taught me about Ani...and one of my tour bus drivers on the Les Miserables tour I did told me that he drove her and her band whenever they were on tour and that she was the nicest person in the world. I love this. More often that not you hear stars are assholes....or witness it firsthand.
7. I Feel Love- Donna Summer....the track that led Donna away from the church and then back again and then, sadly and madly to the controversial and horrible comment she made...."God made Adam and Eve, Not Adam and Steve" alienating and hurting her biggest and most loyal fans....remember that? It keeps her in my "Unhappy with you" books...but I do love her music. God, this track goes on forever....like a cocaine fueled party.
8. I Make the Dough, You Get the Glory - Kathleen Edwards...I can't remember why I bought this album...going back to look at the songlist...oh ya! I saw her play at the Horseshoe a long time ago and loved her tunes...a bit country but I like and she a Canuck!
Cool lyric alert "You're cool and (a word I can't figure out) like Fogerty, I'm Elvis Presley in the Seventies, I am a Ford Tempo you're a Maserati....."
9. Driftin'- Bricklin Soundtrack by Allen Cole ....this summer my husband went to Theatre New Brunswick to do the Premiere of the musical 'Bricklin' with music written by the fabulous Allen Cole....I didn't get to go out and see it but it got huge national media coverage and I was happy to see it got a big article in the New York Times Auto section...can you fucking take it? Best part was George brought back the Cd at the end of the summer and this was my fave track...sung by George himself playing Premier Richard Hatfield....he is dreamy...George.
10. Just Not Now - Patricia Zentilli and Patti Loach... Oh lord I love this album. Sometimes, when I am home by myself and writing or working I put this CD on and breathe in Patty's gorgeous voice and Patti's lucious piano....and this track is one of my faves. I love me some Patty-i's
11. Fake Your Way to the Top- Dreamgirls- Movie Soundtrack...I LOVE DREAMGIRLS!!! Anyone who knows me knows this fact....and I am torn between this version...because I adore Eddie Murphy and wish he had won the Oscar....and the Bway Soundtrack because it sung by Clevant Derricks, the original James Thunder...who I did a workshop with in Banff....did I mention that I was in Banff this month?
12. Crying - Roy Orbison- Holy Crap this guy sings the absolute fuck outta this song. I also love kd's cover of this ....for the record....she sings the fuck outta that as well.
13. You're My Best Friend - Queen...what need I say? Oh, I can say that I thought it was a commercial jingle before I became musically savvy....if I am indeed musically savvy.
14. Sexual Healing- Marvin Gaye....I think this is Marvin from the grave reminding me how fucking cool he is after I dissed his "Grapevine" earlier on this list...do you remember the video....of Marvin and a nurse...this scenario is repeated quite often in porn...I have heard.
15. Memories- Ms. Barbra Streisand....I didn't know that I owned this....where the fuck did this come from...did you see her on Oprah this week? Did you see Robert Redford...he seems like a fucking ass...did you notice how they came back from commercial and he was just gone...I think this song is....I am afraid to say.
So, that is my 15.
If I have tagged you...please forgive me...but I do love this exercise.
I learned a bit about Grampa....fuck, he love the theatre tunes...and a little about myself.
Please come out to my CD release show...it will be a a Party...a EFFING PARTY!....we will have fun!
I rehearsed with the band yesterday...the young Wayne Gwillim and the NEW TO MY SHOWS and fabulous Sly Juhas....his name is SLY! And he could not be cooler, nicer or more inspired.
We are gonna rock the shit!
Don't forget that each night has a SURPRISE GUEST BITCHES!!!
This Friday November 26th and Saturday November 27th @ Buddies in Bad Times. Doors at 7:30pm and Show at 8:00pm....tickets are $20.00 with a $15 Student price. You can call Buddies Tuesday to Saturday between the hours of Noon to 5:00pm.
See you SOON!!!
Oh and here is a link to my PROMO VIDEO for the show starring myself and Wayne Gwillim on keys....