Monday, August 01, 2011

Made it...I fucking made it.

Made it...I fucking made it.

So, I lay in the bed at Rob and Simon's flat in Blackheath, just outside of London proper...near Greenwich (posh...and not spice, people).

Rob is my producer on this weird and wild, second time back to Crazytown, EdFringe adventure....(please remember as I go farther in this blog that I have had a melatonin and an allergy pill...two words...awe some.)

I am filled with an odd sense of calm as well as accomplishment.

I made it to the first leg of my journey.

Just getting here is half the battle...the raising of the funds, the writing of the show, the producing of the previews, the conversing across the ocean on many types of devices, the decisions, the arranging (not to mention the million other things I cannot think of right now...due to the drugs) are all time consuming.

Really, I feel happy as shit that I made it this far.

Chris is very excited and it has filled me with excitement, as well.

When we got on the plane we found ourselves side by each...shoved into seats the size of a barbie chairs.

But that is a charter...and I sure was happy for the price (thank you, Pablo)...but Chris is a big, tall guy....this was bullshit.

I pulled aside the high functioning and clearly not-having-any-of-it stewardess queen...and asked her, ever so kindly, if she would mind if Chris moved to the empty seat in the middle...which clearly had more leg room...i didn't have much hope...but you an only ask, right?

Well, she looked pinched and said....well, let me see what I can do....(read, go fuck yourself, ginger).

But then a couple minutes later she came by and whispered, "I am not going to ask you to pay for this, but I don't want to make the people who had to mad....so just go along....( LOUDER) So, I will move your friend here and then I will grab your money when I come through for duty free." Wink.

Well, my belief in humanity and the kindness of high functioning agressives has been restored.

Thank you, Jesus.

The flight was lovely.

The border was pleasant.

The pick up lovely (thank you, Simon).

And then I fell asleep in my clothes for three hours.

Chris and I will make our way to Edinburgh tomorrow...and I am very excited.

I have a huge line up of things to do...but in a way that I hope is not filled with hubris...I feel like I am going somewhere I know...that I fit in...that I know some of the ropes...and the people.

I am very excited. Did I mention that?

That all being said...I was filled with happiness today...and part of it was thankfulness to all the people who helped to get me here last year...the inroads that we made are priceless...to Derrick Chua and Wayne Gwillim, who I will miss this year.

Fucking busking.

To the donors this year...THANK YOU!!!

To the donors last year...THANK YOU!!!

I am excited to see what this years adventure holds...wait...the melatonin is really kicking in....gotta go.

Love

Y'all.

Shar


Oh ya...this year I bought a proper rain coat!

No comments: