Wednesday, June 27, 2007









Look at me and my friend, Steve Gallagher....aren't we cute?

As for the top picture?

Let me start at the beginning.....


We are at the Doras, me and Steve,

... I had never been....George and I went with Thom Allison and our friend Mark Mcnamara....we looked awesome and were ready for some fun....


Even though I had a broken boob...

.....two days before I, in an effort to find a bit of peace in nature, went out for a ride on my bike.....I got caught in the effing streetcar tracks and fell....then ignored it for a whole day...then I went to pride to see Thom sing...because I have missed it almost 5 years running..... oh ya...and I went for a power walk that morning even thought I had a hurt boob....stood in the sun for an hour....no water....hurt boob....


passed out....


wish I as kidding....


anyhow...woke up to being held by someone very strong.....turned out to be a very strong lady....thanks out to her...she took over...got me some paramedics....then my favorite gay-gle of 5 men....their words not mine....god bless them...took me to ST. Mikes for......drum roll please....6 hours....not bad really...I felt horrible about them missing their parade...then tried to be their parade for them....

So, I had a catscan....and a xrays....they took my blood...no broken head....but a cracked rib...

I mean really!!!!

Those boys took such great care of me...though Scott Fink seemed less worried than the others and stopped on the way to ER for a McFlurry and then proceeded to eat it in the ghetto waiting room....beside me with a barf hat.

That is what I have on my head in the picture....a barf hat...they always come up with something new!

Oh ya...and Thom got peed on by some guy who's cathater flew out....I am not kidding...McFlurry man laughed so hard that he cried ice cream tears...

Then I took my broken boob home and George came back from Halifax for the Doras....he and Thom did not win but I think that we had the best time of anyone.....isn't that really winning?
Also....as a side bar....the award for best female in a musical was sponsered by Hagen Dazs...I mean, really.

Do you know that the only way that I can laugh is to hold my boob?
That is me laughing and holding my boob in the first picture...I look like shit....it is after a whole day in the ER but isn't the comedy worth it?
I would like to dedicate this blog to my fave fave Gay-gle....
who gave over their pride day to take care of me
Mark
Thom
Todd
Ejiro
Myflurry (Scott)






2 comments:

Todd said...

We'd do it all again in a heartbeat, Sharron! Glad your boob is on the mend, and thanks for always being the best parade ever!

karen said...

So glad you ended up making the best of the day - and, more importantly, that you're okay!

The hospital actually sounds entertaining...love the second picture there. :)