Monday, January 07, 2013

2013, bitches. The Year of Possibilities.


 

I loves my hometown paper! 
And now, people, I will recycle a joke...because that is the way I roll.
It is always nice to have your picture unexpectedly on the cover of your hometown paper...
Right near the word "doughnuts". :)
Always.
Thanks to the wonderful Gary Smith, at the Hamilton Spectator, for being such a staunch supporter for nigh on 25 years.

GARY, YOU ROCK!!!

So, I woke this morning and holy crap it was snowing...the dogs, George and I put on our snow gear and went for this wonderful walk...






RIGHT!?!?

HOW BEAUTIFUL IS THIS!?!?!
 AND during this glorious wintery walk I had an epiphany, people! (Like Sweeney Todd... but happier...and just as awesome)
I walk through this forest almost everyday...but the view changes...almost everyday.
LORDY & FANCY!

(Get ready for some more lordiness...)
Epiphany = Sharron, you need to open you eyes to some NEW AND CHANGING VIEWS in the places you have walked before!!
I have a big year ahead abroad AND at home....so many awesome projects in the works...and in an effort to not bombard you with social media invites I am gonna update my website and give you most of the info on this blog...I am always endevouring to find new and interesting ways to get the info out...it is a work in progress.


January:
I am gonna do my very first cabaret of 2013 on Friday January 25th at Maggie Cassella’s awesome Pubaret on Parliament Street in Toronto...and after all the touring and planning I have been hoping for a night to just sit and sing...and chat...and dish...and laugh...and probably swear...and slag those fucking Kardashians at some point. People, I have seen that Les Mis movie...and been to Africa...I got something to say! I will sing some pop and some musical theatre (I never do that anymore...)...a lot of stuff I haven’t done in a while...and if I am lucky enough to have someone out there who has a request
, if you wish to hear a song, you just gotta say! I want to sit, sing and have some casual musical fun...I had no idea what to call it...because you gotta call it something...so...


Photo by David Leyes and hair colour by nature...I know, it has changed since then. But I love this shot!
I would love to have you there...here is the Facebook event page for info and would love to have you there!! It is going to be a panic

http://www.facebook.com/events/266610870133594/

And you can purchase tickets ONLINE here!

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/315417
 
March:
Holy Cabaret Residency...what a thrill...a big ole thrill.
And Buddies in Bad Times is one of the most interesting and creative spaces in the world.
Oh my.
I am very excited to begin my cabaret residency on the evenings of Monday March 4th and Tuesday March 5th in Tallulah’s Cabaret with a three piece band and...all new material.
Holy fuckbags.
This residency is place to explore and I am searching for new ways to musically storytell... going down a deeper, winding path... funny... scary... uncomfortable... comfortable...LORD IT SOUNDS LIKE A GRIMM FAIRYTALE...YES...I will be
using the music of artists like Usher... Sondheim... Waits... and so, so, many more...I have goosebumps already...I hope that you can come and be a part of it all...







I. AM. SO. EXCITED.

Photo by the ever handsome Micke Bickerton and Hair by my guru Bill!
Tickets will go onsale soon...keep your eyes here or www.sharronmatthews.com or www.buddiesinbadtimes.com 
And speaking of being a part of it all don’t forget this...more info to follow...











So, so, so many things!! Exciting things!!
LORD AND TAYLOR!!!
These are three VERY different nights...and I hope you can come to one...WAIT!! I hope you can come to all!! I have been very lucky to have the best audience members and supporters a gal could ever ask for...why not come a little farther...and let us see where we end up...I hope there is a bar! There are so many places to go!
2013...the Year of Possibilities!!
Effing exciting!!!

No comments: