Monday, November 27, 2006

Real Thanks....

Last night I was all overwhelmed by America's Next Top Model so I really didn't get a chance to thank all of the great supporters who have sent me emails over the last few days.
Your words have been a cool balm to my musical theatre soul.....I was gonna say ass but I am trying to keep this classy.
I guess we didn't know how much of a challenge this was all gonna be when we started down the SFNW road but I relish it.....I really do....that must mean that I am a glutton .....or super motivated!
I just wanted to include some if the upliftin' things that have arrived in my email inbox......

*I work at the Mill St. Brewpub, and since your show opened, it has been a barrage of great reviews from patrons coming from the theatre, some of which have seen your show more than once. That's all, just wanted to let you know!

*...if we don't support our own theatre, nobody will.

*.....the show really moved me. Your joy at having a great response from the audience was palpable, and there was tremendous give and take. Congratulations on a wonderful labor of love.

*I can't wait to see the show again, and I know my friends can't wait to see it either.

* I just sent out 40 individual/personal emails to friends and theatre goers we know that MUST see your show. We enjoyed it yet again last night and will return again.

*.... I am aware that none of us can do our work in a bubble, so on a personal note, I am grateful that you guys have chosen to do this if nothing else than to continue to raise awareness of other small musicals

* ...you have chosen a piece with a tremendous heart and a voice that should be heard by all audiences.

*Hey Kids, Just wanted to let you all know how much I enjoyed your show last night. I can't believe you had to do another one at 10pm! You're not as young as you used to be!

The last one is my fave.......And I am not......as young...that is.
It was so nice to have a feeling of community when theatre seems to be suffering a bit.....it really did warm my cold, cold heart.
Again, I really want to say .....people really don't have to like the shows we do.....maybe just not try to ruin it , or make feel stupid, those who do.
That is just my opinion!
And we all have one....just like asses.
Some are just cuter than others!

1 comment:

KYLE said...

The show was so great!! We had a really great time and I'm more than likely coming back again soon. What a fantastic evening. It was just the inspiration I needed to get my ass in gear and really work more on all my stuff...thanks!!! Can't wait for the party next week!