Saturday, June 05, 2010

Day 4 and Day 5 ....and "It's Today"!!!

“BLAH BLAH...hats out....blah blah....hands up.....blah blah curtain....IT’S TODAY”....sing that to the tune of “It’s Today” from Mame....do you know that song? Clearly I do not.
I can’t believe it...and I can at the same time...all the planning and here it is..although, I gotta say after all of the work that I have been doing this week it just seems like a continuation...which is a good thing.
I took Thursday off....I mean, I worked on the computer like a motherfucker...but I didn’t do any promo!
I went down to Soho, nope that is not it...Chelsea....not that either....OH NYU district....er something....basically I got off a Union Square and sweated around the...square lookin’ for my gal Elenna!!!
She is down here interning at a theatre...WAIT!!! theatER company and we met at a super nice restaurant called “Republic”...you kinda have to sit at long tables with other people....I don’t take to that, people.
But the food and the COMPANY was fabu.
Then! I thought...okay...I am here..I am not going out tonight to sing...should I? Would I?
I picked up my purse and off I went to TKTS...the line was short and the guy at the booth was surly!
I had a lot of suggestions from all of you but John from Toronto really was adamant about Sherrie Renee Scott in “Everyday Rapture”....so I said “One for Everyday Rapture , please” the dude in the booth scowled. He said he had an EXCELLENTticket for $63.00....that sounded very expensive...he scowled...I asked if her had any crappy tickets that were cheaper....he scowled. I left.
I really wanted to see it...so I started to motor across Times Square and ran into, none other than, Gail Hakala....she is down here with her mother...and I told her that we would run into each other...it is a small big world.
Anyhow...after our chat I went to the theatre where “Rapture” was playing and asked the nice gentleman in that booth it he had rush seats....he could not have been kinder and I walked away with a not so awesome....but still I had one....seat for the show for $21.50, suck that scowlie.
I went next door to have a bite and in the middle of my egg salad sandwich I looked up and there was freaking Ben Vereen...I gasped and smiled and he winked at me...AT ME!!!
What a great day this was!
I really enjoyed the show...it was a great story and the music was gravy...she “took a good part” as my mom would say. I really was inspired.
And then Ben Vereen walked out of the theatre behind me....I shit you not...I wanted to ask for a picture...but I was too shy...TOO SHY!!
And I went up to Amsterdam and W 80th and met Sara Farb for a drinkie...it is like Canada in NY!!!
Then yesterday Wayne and Derrick arrived...we metted....we rehearsed ( yes, we set up that pic...eff!) in a room that Joe’s helped me find across from their theatre...and Wayne and I went out for dinner...(As you can tell, I will be speeding thru yesterday as I need to sleep more and Georgie just arrived after taking the Megabus and I want to hug him.)


Then I went out...again!
Short FORM IT!!!
I took a million dollar cab ride to the Metropolitan Room.
Fucker got lost 2 times and took me to the wrong address.
I sang at the Metrojam...small but lovely crowd...
Don and I (did I mention that my PR dude is the ABSOLUTE best...he is a dear man) get in a cab and go to the Laurie Beechman Theater.
THERE IS WAYNE waiting for us in a tie.
He is cute!
The crowd seems a little small...and I gotta say it...a tad surly....but I get asked up and I sing with Wayne and I feel great about what I did...the gentleman who runs the night, Brandon, it very complimentary and I see that Sara and Derrick have arrived and I feel good about it ALL!

Then I hear a young, entitled and soul killing drunkie making fun of my card, and my title...mocking me ... saying “Oh come see my show, because I think I am fabulous”....I feel a litte curfuffled...I let it bug me for a while...and then I think...why can I not be fabulous?
A Superstar?
Suck it loser!!!!
Then we leave to go to another place and we stop out front to talk to these lovely gentlemen....

Wayne is flirting.
I cockblock him and steal him away.
We go to Mama's...and see this wonderful man named George be fabulous and outrageous...

Look closely...those aren’t his.
I begin to fade.
I sing my tune with Wayne...who is, by the way, having the best time...THE BEST!!!
I cannot even write down here what time it is....
And I get my ass in a cab.
Sleep...
I am now going back to it!
Tonight at 7:00pm!!!
I am excited.
I really am.

No comments: