Thursday, August 05, 2010

Week 32. I raised $30,000.00 and now I am just a bit drunk.

I wanted to start this with something smart and inspirational...but it is 2:00am...I had some Sangria with my smart friends John, Chris, Mary, Joan, Larry and Jeffrey at the FABU Wish after the show....and then I came home and am doing something I NEVER do...I am drinking some wine... ALONE!
Sitting beside my snoring dog on the couch.
So I am a teeny...just a tiny...bit drunkie.
Very skankie of me...but I don't CARE!
Maybe I look a bit like this...



Which was actually taken in Tobermory in Scotland!!!


Before I really get to IT I gotta tell you we had a great house tonight, they are always great but this one was alive from the first laugh.

I was just staring out at the audience midway through the show...an audience filled with wonderful women...and men...who thrilled to hear a story just like theirs being told...they laughed with heartiness, and yelled with recognition and cried with sympathy and knowledge...it was amazing.
And then I looked up into the lights at one point and then back and forth down the line of actresses and just breathed in.
How lucky am I?
How did I get here?
Thank you Universe...and Karen and Michael....thank you.
It is a great show...I met Eugene Levy today...luckily I didn't see him till the freakin' show was over... I totally would have shit my pants...totally.
He was very complimentary...and very nice!
I CANNOT believe that we have only 4 more shows...
And that I go to New York on Sunday morning.
I gotta effing learn some music...oh ya...we will talk about that after the audition on Monday...nuff said...for now.
BAck on Tuesday morn...
And off to Edinburgh on Thursday next...
Holy eff.
George told me something on Monday morning...it was a very inspirational and personal email...I know you think I share everything...but I don't!!!...but here was the thrust of it....
"Have Faith and Go Deep"...
So, with his help, I did...
I called people I have not called before and I sent new emails...I resent to people who have not responded in 6 months...what is the worse that could happen?
And I wrote and wrote....and George wrote and wrote...and, proving, among other things, that Social Media is truly a thing with amazing and wonderful potential if NOT USED FOR EVIL...the community and beyond came through.
In spades...I raised over $5000.00 in two and half days and it continues to ROLL IN!!!
And it will all be used and put to this project...even if there is more, which there is...THERE IS!!!... it will go to development...because I still have bigger dreams for this project and this tour.
I just cannot believe it.
I was actually so over stimulated that I didn't know what to think or feel.
It was weird...I expected to feel different...to feel... I don't know...but I am relieved and not just a bit full of responsibility.
And I don't take this lightly.
I plan to work very hard while in Scotland.
I think, actually, I am still in shock...
I don't know how to thank everyone properly.
I am just so humbled at how people just stepped up and helped me....
I just...I am a bit drunkie...and need some sleep...I have been so stressed for the last....32 Weeks...and I still have a ways to go.
But I have the funds to do it...and to do it well.
God.
Thank you all!!!
I really can't express my gratitude enough!!

Here is the latest donor list!!


General $2000.00 or more


BMO Financial Group

Joan Mathers
Mirvish Productions

Lieutenant $500.00 to $1999.99


Anonymous

Curtis Barlow
Dramac LTD-Charlotte and Tedde Moore
Gary May
The John McKellar Charitable Foundation
Jerry and Kathy McRoberts
Ian Epstein and Kathy Kacer
Kevin Finora
Michael Rubinoff
Nancy Ruth
Paul Butler and Chris Back
Perry Dellelce

Army $50 to $499.99

Adam Brazier
Amber Mills and Michael Rode
Andy Parks
Anna Hrazdira
Anonymous
Ari Weinberg
Becky and Kathy Liddle
Betty’s
Brian Goldenberg
Buddies in Bad Times
Canadian Stage
Carolyn Adams
Christopher Gurr
Clinton Walker
Dan Thompson Beauty
David Playfair
Dawn Rivard
Dianne Woodrow
Doug Price
The Elgin Winter Garden Theatres
Elizabeth Baird
Esther Yermus
Gillian Tooke
Harbourfront Centre
Ian and Trudy McCabe
Ina Kerklaan
Jamie Porter
Janet Berkman
Jeff Moulton
Jim Betts
Judie Kavanagh
Julie Martell
Just for You by Alex
Kara Purdy
Karen Carpenter
Karen LeBlanc
Kate Bariss
Kyle Golemba
Lily Ling
Linda Yamamoto
Lise Payne
Lorraine Kimsa Theatre For Young People
Luminato
Lynne Jamieson
M. Road
Marcel Watier
Marcello Tulipano
Marie Baron
Marlene Smith
Mary Lu Zahalan
Melissa Doige
Melissa Yetman
Michael Gianfrancesco
Michele-Marie Beer
Michelle Hamilton Black and Darren Black
Michelle Monteith
Mitchell Marcus
Miriam Flynn
Mirvish Productions
Nadia Mear
Army $50 to $499.99 (con’d)
Natalie Heron
Opera Atelier
Patricia Wilson
Peter Martyn
Randy Read
Rod Kelly
Ron Cameron-Lewis
Sandy and Max Reimer
Sarite Harris
Susan and John Masswohl
The Shaw Festival
Sherry Chandler
Soulpepper
The Stratford Festival
Sophie Radecki
Stefan Moccio
Stephanie Martin, Andrew Sabiston and Lucie
Steve Ross
Susan Henley
Tim Hughes
Veritas
Visit Scotland
Wayne Thomas

Sharron’s Privates People who have donated $25.00 to $50.00 and/or supported, given their free time and/or skill,promoted and/or helped Sharron immeasureably on this World Domination Tour!


Alex Saslove

Amanda Campbell
Ari Weinberg
Andy Parks
Bea Campbell
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre
Bruce Dow
Callandra Dendias
Charlotter Moore
Chris Lorway
Chris Mitchell
Constance Marlatt
Christine Horne
Chrystal Donbrath
Crystal Rickard
David Oiye
Diana Coatsworth
Doug Price
Ed Sahely
Evan Smith
Frances Donkevy
Gabi Epstein
Geoff Whynot
Grant Ramsay
Jean Stilwell
Jeff Breithaupt
Jim Russell
Julia Gardener
Karen Blackman
Kathryn McEwen
Keith Cole
Kelly Holiff
Kyle Golemba
Leslie Arden
Lindsay Burns
Louise Pitre and Joe Matheson
Mark Davis
Melanie Phillipson
Michael Gianfrancesco
Michael Hughes
Pablo Kessleman
Pam Chorley
Paul Sportelli
Patricia Wilson
Patricia Zentilli
Patti and John Loach
Peter Phoa
Qasim Khan
Rob Kempson
Robert Missen
Sara Farb
Shawn Daudlin
Shelley Quinn
Sky Gilbert
Susan Bourcier
Sutton Foster
Suzanne Hermany
Thom Allison
Tracey Nolan
Tricia Lackey
Trudi Goodfellow
Wayne Gwillim
William Humenick

1 comment:

Janet in Toronto said...

So happy for you! All the best.