Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Wow! The lord giveth and the lord poketh in the poop shooteth.





So.
YES....I have been ALL OVER Facebook and Twitter and my blog about this today...but there is another side to the tale...

TORONTO — The Canadian Press Published on Tuesday, Jul. 06, 2010 1:10PM EDT Last updated on Tuesday, Jul. 06, 2010 1:11PM EDT

Superman star Margot Kidder and celebrated comedian Mary Walsh have joined the upcoming Toronto production of Love, Loss, and What I Wore.

Cabaret diva Sharron Matthews has also signed on to the previously announced cast that includes SCTV alumna Andrea Martin and theatre veteran Louise Pitre.

Also on the bill are actresses Wendy Crewson, Cynthia Dale, Paula Brancati and Lauren Collins.

Love, Loss, and What I Wore is based on the book by Ilene Beckerman and on a collection of stories by screenwriters Nora Ephron and Delia Ephron.

The Toronto show, which kicks off July 16 at the Panasonic Theatre, will see the cast rotate in four-week cycles.

The first cast includes Martin, Walsh, Pitre, Matthews and Brancati.

I decided to fight the gold stealer...more about that in a minute... and go whole hog about this even though I have been tainted in my soul a bit on promotion this week...more about that in a minute, as well.

I mean, the announcement was in Macleans online, the Globe and Mail online, CTV online...and for a lady who is trying like a mutherfucka to dominate the world...it is effing AWESOME!!!

I have spent the whole year so far planning and promoting this huge "World Domination Tour"...simply naming this tour with an intention that was grand.
Why not make a grand plan?

But, holy fuck doodles, it is actually working.

WHAT THE FUCK!
RIGHT?

Only a couple of the people I met in New York balked at the title of my show. That was out of the hundred or so that I met who's show or open mike I sang at or who I did an interview or had a meeting with...or who I simply met and gave my card to.
It gave a lot or a people a laugh or a smile...or a knowing look.
It was certainly a conversation starter if nothing else.

I am always a little sensitive...I know...believe it or NOT... to criticism.
A dear friend of mine commented on how I am too sensitive. I felt the great need to defend myself (sensitive) and say "Well, this is who I am."
I have tried to shut my ears to it and concentrate on the great number of amazing people who have opened their hearts and/or wallets to help me on this...thing...that I am doing ( I cannot call it a journey anymore....that word has been tainted by the million letters I have written in the last 7 months...sad really...it is an AWESOME word).

If you are gonna dominate the world there is NO halfway.
Right?

So, I was at a concert this week and happened to see a friend who I enjoy very much.
I have not seen them in a while and I was excited to hear about what they had been up to...out of nowhere they say "You know I was working with so and so (not a real name) and they were in the green room one day yelling about how they block your emails (yes, mine) and facebook messages and yet some of them still come through."

Before this moment I was having a great evening with my sister and my niece...who I could feel get very tense in the body at this point in the conversation.
I looked at this person and said (before my family who was born in Hamilton beat the shit outta them) "Why would you say something like this to me?"
This person's partner looked mortified.
I felt a bit faint and just wanted them (the statement maker) to go away.
I didn't know who to be more pissed with...this person or the person who supposedly hates getting my emails.
I mean, you don't have to like my emails...I just hope I never have to hear about it. Bad for the self esteem and all.
Anyhow, this person back pedaled a bit and tried to make it better...but it has stuck in my craw.

Gold stealer.
They are a gold stealer.
My therapist...yes, I said it...told me years ago, when I went to her for help with my anxiety that we are all born with a pail full of gold.
We aren't born with an empty pail that we need to fill with accomplishments and kudos...we are born with a full pail...full of gold. We are perfect when we start.
That along the way people will try to steal pieces of your gold and your job is to protect your pail of gold for all it is worth.
I have ALWAYS loved that story.
Gold stealer.

I bring this up because tonight, when I was out at the Fringe... the Toronto Fringe is awesome by the way...go out and see some shows...I overheard someone saying in a whisper and I paraphrase.... "Who the fuck does she think she is?" and a couple of other things before I made it clear that I could hear them...UG fuck.

Now maybe I am too sensitive.
Maybe I should laugh and let shit roll off my back.
Maybe as I sit here in front of my computer and consider deleting this blog...I should just fucking delete it.

Huh.

I do promote my career.
What does it get me?
Well, thankfully, I already have a pail full of gold...so I don't need that....
But it did help to get me this wonderful job...this amazing opportunity...and I am very thankful...and I would like my piece of gold back now.

No comments: